Mark Sonder, MM, CSEP
CHIEF ENTERTAINMENT OFFICER, Worldwide experience in the strategic planning, development and management of multi-million dollar entertainment programs.
- Program and Staff Development
- Large Scale Event Execution
- Partnership Development
- Created an entertainment booking agency and production company that is a national leader in program services for concerts, corporations, associations, and facilities
- Provided entertainment for over 2300 events with over 10,000 participants
- Provided talent to producers for the NBC TV show "America's Got Talent" with weekly viewership of 12 million
- Exclusive Entertainment Contractor for the Washington (DC) Convention Center
- Authored the full-length hardcover book on entertainment programs and operations, "Event Entertainment and Production" (Wiley & Sons)
MARK SONDER PRODUCTIONS, INC.
New York, NY / Linden, VA 1985-Present
Mark Sonder Productions, Inc. is an award winning entertainment agency that delivers complete program packages to associations, corporations, facilities, casinos, and concerts.
Chief Entertainment Officer
- Talent Buyer for private and public events
- Advance stakeholder relationships
- Develop and implement marketing programs
- Contract entertainment and support Rider requirements
- Oversee budgets
- Supervise and develop entertainment staff, sales representatives and employees
FUTURE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY
Santa Barbara, CA 2013-2014
Future Technology Company is the USA's leading LED retrofit company in both the residential and commercial marketplace.
- Oversaw media and brand strategy campaigns.
- Executed public relations and marketing campaigns.
- Handled mass media exposure.
- Created strategic marketing strategies.
VIEWPOINT INTERNATIONAL® Event & Destination Management Company
New York, NY 1997-2006
Acquired New York City's full-service premier DMC. Custom designed and produced programs, special events, spouse programs, tours, transportation, show and sporting program tickets. Contracted venues for meetings, conventions, trade shows, exhibitions and incentives.
President and Chief Executive Officer
- Oversaw all departments of the firm, including: programs, special events, tours/ticketing/transportation, sales, entertainment, and production.
- Facilitated operations & logistics with all stakeholders and/or prospective clients
- Developed and implemented all multi-day programs, contracted with vendors, reviewed company contracts and payrolls, supervised and developed staff, account representatives and employees.
Washington, DC Opened January 2008-Present
Recommended Entertainment Agency
- Supervised press and media opening, December 2007
THE TIMES CENTER
The New York Times Center, NY, NY Opened October 2007-2010
Official Audio Visual Supplier
- Supplied a wide variety of audio visual needs for a diverse clientele
THE WASHINGTON CONVENTION CENTER
District of Columbia 2000-2001
Official Entertainment Contractor
- Provided high quality entertainment, customized for the needs of the convention center's clients
Presented at over 70 national and international meetings, conventions, trade shows and expositions on topics related to entertainment programs and/or production.
- Book, "Event Entertainment and Production," the definitive reference for the industry and higher education institutions
- Name mentioned and/or contributed to 13 books
- Articles published in over 40 magazines
- Interviewed for over 30 articles in trade publications
AWARDS and HONORS
- Received over 25 awards and honors
- Awarded The Super Six Award (inaugural year) for Best Special Event Planning under $100,000
- Holds record for producing the most amount of headline entertainers for a corporate event in the US as well as managing over 60 people for an event
- University of Nevada at Las Vegas
- The George Washington University
- Stratford University
- Mount Royal University
- George Mason University
- New York University
- The University of the West Indies (Trinidad)
- Northern Virginia Community College
MANHATTAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC, New York, NY
- Master of Music (M.M.) 1979
- Bachelor of Music (B.M.) 1978
Earned the professional designation of Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP)
- Current through 2015; inaugural class 1993
- Association of Entertainment Professionals Worldwide (AEP), founding member
- International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM)
- International Entertainment Buyers Association (IEBA)
- International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA)
- International Special Events Society (ISES), founding member
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
Please click for recent press release:
Super Music and Entertainment Agent Mark Sonder, MM, CSEP Continues His Worldwide Guest Lecturing